Saturday, January 10, 2009

Best Sandwich in Salt Lake City


I went out to dinner last night with some friends, John Houser and Belle Wilcox. We like to try something different every month. John suggested somewhere he had seen a sign for, Little Dave's Deli. Located at 41 west 3300 south in Salt Lake City, Utah, Little Dave's has a marvelous selection of hot and cold sandwiches. The specialty sandwich though is the Philly Cheese Steak. This was the best sandwich I have ever had in all my traveling. Tender loose meat with thinly sliced onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. all this held together with melted provolone cheese served a a perfect roll soft enough to soak up the juice but firm enough not to fall apart. Want a great sandwich? This is the place to go. Not to leave out everyone else. Josh had a cold turkey and salami with the works which he also says was excellent and John had the egg salad which was huge and very good also.

They have some great old time soda in bottles as well. We had Nu-Grape soda, Dad's Root Beer, Nesbitt Orange and I took home some Plantation Ginger Ale for Papa.

The only bad thing about this restaurant is that it closes at 6pm Mon-Fri and at 4 on Sat. However, The owner kept it open late for us as we waited for friend to join us. Who does that anymore? Well he won our loyalty. We plan on becoming regulars.

Final note: the Jersey Stick dessert? Frozen cheesecake on a stick just another thing you don't wanna miss (that is if you have room)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delightful sounding little eatery! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have added it to my Salt Lake restaurant directory and review site -- I'd love it if you would pop over and repost your review at http://www.SaltLakeEATS.com

MyCraftTime said...

Hmm I'll try it next time I'm in town-